Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Summer's Over

Remnants of a recent hurricane have brought much needed rain, and much needed relief from the summer's heat and humidity. This morning I drove to church without the air conditioning on! I'm even feeling brief sensations of 'chilly' in the nights and early mornings. I think we're done seeing 100+ degree temperatures for the year.

It's the time for our Gwinnett County fair and in two weeks the Duluth Fall Festival, two events I look forward to all year. We all went to the fair yesterday afternoon. The weather was beautiful, people were there - but it wasn't crowded. We ate fair food - sausage & peppers, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and, new to us this year, deep fried oreo cookies. Delicious.

I got to spend some quality time with the cattle - especially an exhibit of 5 or 6 yoke of oxen. I had a lot of fun talking to them and scratching their necks. Two were very talkative. And my kids got to get up close & personal with the animals I grew up around.

No comments: